- I have been doing light running (Jogging) for around 10 years.
- In 2008 I suffered from a significant case of Plantar Fasciitis (Heel pain)
- Doctor and PyhsioTherapist recommended Orthotics
- In May 2009 I suffered from a significant case of Metatarsalgia (Ball-Of-Foot pain)
- Doctor and PyhsioTherapist recommended newer Orthotics and Orthopedic shoes
- By December 2009 I was finally able to walk normally again, and consider restarting my running.
This problem with supportive shoes has since been highlighted in several recent studies and articles, see my blog entry: Natural Running Styles, Books, Minimal Shoes.